Thursday, June 2, 2011

Anything but ordinary!

Hopkins, Belize

Wow.
My first days in Belize have been anything but ordinary...
Did a border crossing with a drunk/hungover British girl who kept throwing up. Had to hitchhike to get into Hopkins. Met a really weird American "multi-artist" who called me 'baby' and claimed to be really famous in the states. Saw a naked man singing. Tried to leave Hopkins, again by hitchhiking. Got talked into staying by some random rasta dudes. Made garifuna food with them in a shack without electricity in the middle of nowhere. Smoked weed with a policeman. Lost both my credit cards, at the same time. Had a weird old man rub babyoil on my back. Stayed in a dorm room made for 14 people, all alone. Poured boiling water on my feet. Got my credit cards back. Missed the last bus. Checked in at the hostel for the third time. And here I am, holding a piece of ice on my toes, wondering what the fuck just happened.

...And I'm not even on drugs!

1 comment:

  1. Nice day!!! a little weird, but somehow nice!!! at least you've smoked some weed! :)

    ReplyDelete